Last updated: 05-09-2019
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of text that our web server stores on your computer or mobile device, which your browser sends to us when you return to our site. Cookies do not necessarily identify you if you are merely visiting our website; however, a cookie may store a unique identifier for each logged in user. The cookies we use are essential for the operation of the website, or are used for performance, functionality and security purposes.
For example, cookies allow us to remember things about your visit to our website, such as your preferred language, time zone and other preferences in order to make the site and service easier for you to use.
In order to offer the highest level of usability, performance and security we use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiration date (unless deleted by the user before the expiration date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
The cookies and similar technologies we use, including web beacons, browser cookies, pixel tags and local shared objects (also called “flash cookies”) all share one goal: to offer, measure and improve all aspects of our service continuously and in various ways. We differentiate between those cookies, which are strictly necessary for access and navigation, others that track usage (performance cookies), remember your choices (functionality cookies), and cookies that provide you with targeted content or advertising.
1. Access and security (Strictly Necessary Cookies)
- To recognise your computer when you visit our website and to facilitate logging in;
- To protect your security and fight spam and abuse of our website and service;
- To prevent unauthorized third parties from accessing your account.
2. Settings (Functionality Cookies)
- To remember details about your browser, site settings and preferences you have specified related to the use of our website and services (e.g. preferred language or time zone).
3. Analytics and research (Performance Cookies)
- To help us gain important insights and understand the way people use our website and service;
4. Advertising and marketing (Other Cookies)
- To personalise the website and service for you
- To include advertisements, which may be of particular interest to you;
We do not release any information collected from our own cookies to any third party providers, expect for the service providers assisting in managing cookies.
What can I do to control how cookies are used?
You can disable the installation of cookies by entering the corresponding settings in your browser software (e.g. in Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, or Safari). In order to opt-out of Google Analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Program, available here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
For general information about cookies and how to disable them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Changes to this policy
Although significant changes are rare, this policy may be amended as new features, technology, or legal requirements arise, so please check back from time to time. We’ll notify you if we make a significant change and, where required, seek your consent.